FREDERICTON (GNB) – Twelve educators in the anglophone sector have been presented with Minister’s Excellence in Education Awards in recognition of their exceptional work.
“These individuals are inspirational examples of excellence in education,” said Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Brian Kenny. “They encourage and mentor our children and youth by creating the best conditions possible for their educational success.”
The following educators received the awards at a ceremony in Fredericton:
Anglophone North School District:
- Shelley O’Toole, L.E. Reinsborough School, Dalhousie
- Leisa Comeau, Chatham Daycare Centre
Anglophone East School District:
- Julie Allain, Riverview High School
- Sondra Kitchen, Mountain View School, Moncton
Anglophone South School District:
- Shannon Holder, Loch Lomond School, Saint John
- Tracy Ross, Centennial School, Saint John
- Judy Haley, Susie Collins, Tracey Furlotte, Milltown Elementary School, St. Stephen
Anglophone West School District:
- Valerie Marshall, Fredericton High School
- Sonya O’Donnell, Tiny Bubbles Day Care, Fredericton
- Jill Isherwood, Harold Peterson Middle School, Oromocto
The awards are presented annually to educators who have shown outstanding commitment, enthusiasm, ingenuity, and leadership with respect to the learning and development of the young people in their care.
The government’s 10-year education plans aim to improve educational outcomes and better prepare young people for the future. They set objectives in priority areas to create inclusive environments for all learners, create lifelong learners, support educational leaders and bring stability to the system.