Let’s Get Talking Freddy Beach
This is the Fred-E-Scene Forum Section. Feel free to start a or join a discussion. This forum’s main function is to foster local Fredericton community. We have some guidelines before you start using our forum listed below.
Fred-E-Scene Forum Guidelines
1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums
These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers…or give them out!!!
Please don’t post on this site recruiting for personal projects or offer services. We consider this to be spam. Please use our Freddy Beach Classifieds section for such activities.
2. Do not post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
4. Do not cross post questions
Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
5. Do not PM users asking for help
Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
6. Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. Post with respect toward others. No excessive swearing or language. If you’re that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while. This site is aimed at a general audience, please be considerate of this.
However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments…in short… No “trolling” – posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply. Also, please do not feed trolls. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey these rules.
This forum has the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. If this is not done in a prompt manner, the Fred-E-Scene staff will delete the material themselves. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.
Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban. Do not complain about other users being banned, in the forums or on profile pages of other users. Do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they’ve removed a message, they had a good reason.
Please do not attempt to create the impression that you are a Fred-E-Scene team member or imply that you are providing official Fred-E-Scene support. Additionally, do not impersonate a member of the Fred-E-Scene community.
9. Forum Etiquette
Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
Fred-E-Scene and its employees holds themselves harmless from any activities or discussions on the Fred-E-Scene forum.
These offenses can result in temporary forum suspensions or permanent bans. If you get a warning, heed it!
- Insults. Direct personal insult of another forum member (e.g., “You are an idiot.”) and other name-calling. Why? Because this isn’t grade school. People should be able to discuss or even dispute other’s posts without insulting people. You may dispute somebody’s opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it. There are a lot of other non-direct-personal insults that won’t necessary get you banned instantly, but depending on the context/nature may lead to post editing, post deletion, warnings, or time-outs. They include telling people to shut up, describing a member as an ignorant person (rather than ignorant about a particular topic), and being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It’s not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Bottom line — don’t try to tick off others and don’t make discussions unnecessarily personal. If somebody else insults you, report their post; their post does not give you a license to break the rules by returning their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
- Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.
- Threats. Any threat or intimation of a threat.
- Registration rules. Violation of the rules you agreed to when registering for the site: that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- Multiple registration. You may register only one account. Reinstatement of banned or cancelled accounts can come only from an administrator.
- Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.
- Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.