A 29-year old Florenceville, N.B. man faces multiple charges stemming from incidents that occurred in Fredericton over the past several weeks.
Drew Everett Derrah appeared before a judge yesterday afternoon, and was been charged with one count of each of the following:
- Assault s.266(a) CCC
- Assault with a weapon s.267(a) CCC
- Uttering threats s.264.1(2)(a) CCC
- Carrying a concealed weapon s.90(1) CCC
- Careless use of a firearm s.86(1) CCC
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose s.88(1) CCC
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm s.91(1) CCC
- Possession of a firearm contrary to order s. 117.01(3) CCC
- Mischief to property s.430(4)(a) CCC
- Possession of a Schedule I substance (methamphetamine) CDSA
In the afternoon of Wednesday, November 18, 2020, Fredericton Police received a complaint of a serious assault, and attended Angelview Court in an attempt to apprehend the suspect.
Due to the seriousness of the situation, namely the risk of firearms to public and police safety, the Emergency Response Team was dispatched to assist Patrols and Street Crimes with the operation.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., after a brief foot chase, Mr. Derrah was arrested without incident by police. He was found to be in possession of a loaded shotgun at the time of the arrest.
His next court appearance is Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
File reference: 20-24215